BRC Imagination Arts – Burbank, CA (Remote from Boulder, CO + international travel)
Show Set Designer (Immersive Experiences) / Art Director
July 2019 – Present
- Ideate and design immersive experiences using a variety of digital and traditional tools.
- Develop experience details including architecture, signage, exhibition fixtures, and props.
- Utilize hand-sketching, 3D modeling, and digital rendering/illustration to develop design concepts.
- Present design concepts to executive-level clients.
- Prepare tender drawings, details, and art direction packages for custom fabrication vendors.
- Source, sample, and specify materials for environmental graphics and specialty fabrication pieces.
- Use BIM technology to facilitate seamless integration of lighting, AVC technologies, and special-effects equipment.
- Guide production and installation of immersive experiences, collaborating with printing, fabrication, and construction partners.
- Leverage VR, 3D print prototyping, and parametric design for an efficient design process.
- Projects include the Johnnie Walker Princes Street global brand home (Edinburgh), the Pilsner Urquell Original Beer Experience (Prague), and Great Wolf Resorts.
Walt Disney Imagineering (Glendale, CA)
Show Set Designer (Graduate Internship)
June 2018 – June 2019
- Modeled and prepared documentation for scenic fabrication pieces for the schematic and design-development packages for the Frozen ride coming to Tokyo DisneySea.
- Provided show design for several scenes of the attraction, creating concept drawings, hand-drafted elevations and ground plans.
- Coordinate show disciplines including rockwork, AVC, ride systems, and dimensional design to ensure a high quality show for guests.
- Prepped and integrated rockwork model scan data into coordinated BIM model.
Creative Producing (Graduate Internship)
June 2017 – September 2017
- Supported Tokyo resort portfolio creative executives on Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea expansions.
- Graphic design for pitch presentations and attraction environmental graphics.
- Designed graphic interpretations of Disney woodland characters for tapestries in new Fantasyland broadway-style theater.
Location3 Media (Denver, CO)
Creative Director, Associate Creative Director,
Content Strategist, Video Strategist, Client Manager
April 2010 – December 2015
Design and production of digital content including graphics, websites, and videos for clients including FASTSIGNS, Wyndham Resorts, Stapleton Denver, and Stetson Western Wear.
Faction Media (Denver, CO)
Jr. Account Manager (Interactive, digital marketing)
August 2008 – April 2010
Managed web interactive work for Johns Manville commercial building products, organizing efforts of creative, search, and interactive development teams.
Film and Commercial Production, Freelance (Denver, CO / Los Angeles, CA)
Production Assistant, Production Manager
August 2008 – April 2010
Clients include Furniture Row, Double Edge Films, and Paramount Pictures.